No dry cat food is available in cardboard boxes any more :-(

Redcycle have kindly responded with the following:

Thank you for your enquiry and support of REDcycle.

Unfortunately it’s not possible to provide a blanket response to a question such as this, as all packaging is not created equally. It comes down to the % of the different materials used in the Composition of the package. This will only be determined once a brand decides to become a brand partner of REDcycle and they also go through the assessment process of APCO – the Australia Packaging Covenant – which all manufacturers will have to do by 2025 as part of the governments packaging guidelines (all packaging in Australia must be either reusable, recyclable or biodegradable by 2025). See Australia’s 2025 National Packaging Targets - APCO For further information.

In the meantime, we suggest for people to take note of either the new ARL symbols on packaging (see Australasian Recycling Label - Planet Ark Recycling Near You) Or a REDcycle symbol as the best indicator of REDcyclability of a package.

Kind regards,

Rebecca
Marketing and Communications Manager | RED Group

5 Likes

I was buying Smitten brands from WOOLIES in cardboard boxes until last week, then plastic bag containers appeared. I composted my cardboard containers into a liquid compost drum, then into a composting heap, then the garden. Therefore generating ZERO waste, keeping the resealable plastic bags til I find a usa for them. ANY IDEAS PEOPLE.

1 Like