No change of mind policy

I’d like to add my thoughts on Woolies and Coles return policy (you can’t!) versus Foodland

Foodland are always happy to refund or exchange ANY item if bought in error or for change of mind

Compare this to a Nutribullet I bought at Coles that they flatly refused to exchange or refund even though it was the next day, the package was unopened and the original receipt was shown

I will flat out refuse to shop at Coles or Woolies… they’ve lost me!

Welcome to the Community @julius744,

I merged your topic into this ongoing one that is relevant.

Early during the COVID crisis both Coles and Woolies stopped accepting change of mind returns, ostensibly to prevent a customer who might be a COVID carrier from returning an infected product.

They have been very clear they are not accepting change of mind returns and even if you pay at the checkout and walk directly to the service desk to ask for a refund it is still a change of mind re their policy. OTOH if you have an unacceptable store branded product (100% satisfaction) or a quality problem with a product, they continue to refund.

Prior to COVID so were Coles and Woolies. Have you returned something to Foodland recently as a change of mind? If so and they are accommodating, you have every right to preference them with your custom.

4 Likes

One of the reasons also was to provide a disincentive to hoard things…overbuying and then later realise one was a fool/made a foolish mistake and try and return the 1000 toilet rolls when the next credit card statement came in.

I use toilet paper as and example as there as hoarder (in SA?) who tried to sell the amassed toilet paper online for a premium…when they didn’t sell then tried to return for a refund. The supermarkets had cottoned on this may happen and preemptively changed their policies before it could be (ab)used by some.

Hi @julius744, welcome to the community.

We have had no issue with changing things at Woollies if one has the receipt, the item was in perfect condition (not a putrescible product), was purchased recently, and one was friendly to staff.

1 Like

Other retailers are quite good like bunnings aldi. Big w allowed me to return a item that was not in good condition. But mind you i was, returning faulty goods. Either way its still bad . I remember a shop years ago saying could not return purchased items. I had purchased a bird cage cheaper than brand new but the owner was complaining that consumers shouldn’t have the right to return goods. Maybe that shop should be added to the shonky list.

3 Likes

I worked in a meat processor thqt chopped and sorted meats for larger supermarkets. Im surprised that tbey were not including rotten meats the speed it was, done. Pretty horrible place i saw aldi woolworths and. coles, label. Tjqt hardly lasted very long glad tp leave

1 Like