NBN fixed wireless

Giving an Update, apologys if off the original topic. We continue to have problems with our telstra fixed wireless. The main issue is download speed varies from near 80mbps down to zero ,seems to be around busy times etc weekends and after school. When I ring my wife on our phone line through NBN, my voice will disappear and come back in roughly 5min cycles,I assume when download is zero but I can still hear my wife clearly all the time. We signed up to Prime Video to watch recent Swimming in Adelaide, some stop /start during day but after tea time was hopeless. Again assuming downloads at zero.If I’m in front of computer when this happens I can’t even login to Telstra Speed Test, if I have page ready it will say can’t connect then 5 minutes later show near 80 mbps. When this all happens the NBN wall unit shows signal strength of normally 2 orange lights,sometimes green even when download speed is zero. My last conversation with Telstra I said I would prefer speed back to below 25 mbps as long as it didn’t drop to zero but no good, I’m about to spend a couple of hours on phone talking to them again. Any ideas Please.

3 Likes