CHOICE membership

Mobile phone car brackets

There is probably at least one pollie reading. DO NOT GIVE THEM MORE REVENUE RAISING IDEAS! Please don’t. ‘No talking in vehicles unless parked with the key off’ ?

Our 512+ pages of road rules are already beyond what most of us can digest let alone keep track of as new and changed rules happen annually, often without more than the bare notice. Also, never venture into another state without reading their versions :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Update: I bought the Belkin unit from JB HiFI for ~ $35. I installed it up the other way - suctioned onto the dashboard on a smooth shiny base that was still stuck on the dash from a previous holder that had come & gone :). It looked like it might do the job - not for my main phone which is in a fold-over case, and with the cover folded to the back, it’s too thick for the claws to grab it, but for my work phone, which is just in a protective back cover. If it was left in the holder all the time it might have been ok, but it was tricky trying to pull out the movable sprung side to try to get to get the phone in the bracket every time you got in the car. Then, a few days ago, the holder lost its grip on the base and fell into the driving well while I was driving … I guess I’ll just stick it back on again and only use it when I really need route instructions. I could try the Belkin vent model as they seem to work well for “consumer”, but I have tried several vent models from Aldi and they either didn’t fit the vent gap, wobbled around too much, and also blocked the vents too much. Maybe the Belkins work better …

2 Likes

I prefer a mount which is on the air vent. Reason being that I use phone for GPS navigation from time to time, and when I do, the phone gets hot. I want the a/c to cool it. Works well.

2 Likes

I bought one on eBay which looks identical to the Kogan Moki. It works the best of all the ones I have bought over the years. Bluetak doesn’t last and lets go at the most inconvenient moments.

2 Likes

Me too, [edit: actually not. I was sure the last time I bought a holder it was like a MOki but mine was not this kind]
but bought it years ago at huge expense from a purveyor of phones. Cant remember its name, started with a K.

1 Like

Remembered! It was a Kenu, and here it is (though mine is a grey colour) https://www.kenu.com/products/airframe-plus

1 Like