McDonalds self serve machines - โœ” or โœ˜

Noticed that today. Itโ€™s been quite sometime since my last unplanned visit.

What will follow once the retraining of their customers has reached the desired level of success? To be followed by the automated burger and fries assembly line and Samsung robotic delivery machine, which vacuums the floor on itโ€™s way to you. I still marvel at the efficiency of the sushi train at delivering food. (not!)

We might also need to get used to Maccas redesigning the product line slightly to better suit the automated food production assembly line. Now where did I leave that 3D Protein Printer?

The big and not too distant career opportunities with Maccas may be in robotics/automation fault finding and repair?

p.s.

I fully appreciate the point of packing your bags the way it suits your needs.
Putting our shopping bags on the floor of the self checkout scramble - not in my way of doing things.
Having enough space so I am not in the way - I always get in the way and all the checkouts are in use.

If the supermarkets would like me to do otherwise. Give me a conveyor to load the items onto and a bagging carousel or let me reload the trolley as per Aldi. Iโ€™d be prepared to stretch to mastering the technology, but only if the the store will meet me half way and give me a discount for the time I take?

4 Likes