Ladies Wearing Mens Shoes

What would be wrong with hobnails in the office?

Likely up to ones judgement on how things are going at the office on the day. :wink:

Please no. The lab where I do most of my work is on the ground floor. The ‘office’ floor above has timber flooring with no carpet. I really don’t like colleagues wearing hard soled shoes up there… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

At the end of the summer your soles would be so tough that hot tarred paths were no problem. We would take turns picking shards of glass etc out of the feet of other tribe members. Dancing over the rocks - watch out for oysters! A few scars were badges of membership. All quite ideologically unsound today.

4 Likes

Correct - at the end ! :slight_smile: Prior to that we did a fair bit of leaping and hopping on the bitumen. Dems were the days.
No wonder my feet are impossible to fit properly. Sighh …

1 Like

Mens’ or Boys’ sneakers (or whatever they call them this season) are much more comfortable for women who have wide feet. I know pregnant women who prefer these shoes when their feet swell. The only problem is getting a small enough size lengthwise.

1 Like

Let them ‘laugh’ who cares. Become a fashion setter not follower.

1 Like

I have a typical female foot,

I am a city girl,

I wear fashionable shoes.

Comfortable makes a look-in only when I’m traveling (pretty sneakers) or doing long shopping expeditions.

My boots are high-heeled, not for comfort but for style, the type you wear indoors elsewhere.

Lockdown has put a stop to all of the above activities and I’ve been in pretty slippers most of the time this year :laughing:

1 Like

I live in my Birkenstock “Boston” knockoffs. I’ll be having to buy another pair soon but I am going to have to get real Birkenstocks locally as the German company making the knockoffs no longer seems to do suede and thats my preference. Also, the shipping cost has quadrupled, making it not such a bargain anymore.

1 Like