How long can I put off switch to NBN?

Hi @tentacle

In many ways this forum is akin to an encyclopaedia. We try to combine similar topics to make reference sources as well as assist each particular poster.

Even topics that appear long since dormant are brought into currency through the ‘latest’ indexing, and oft times recent posters have availed themselves of what has been posted prior, especially when information is already there or linked, and thus does not have to be repeated. One of the features of Discourse, the forum software, is that if one starts to add a link to a post, and someone has already linked it, it is flagged to the poster through the editing windows, and is a signal that there may be relevant information already, that does not need repeating only referencing.

I hope that explains why topics sometimes get migrated and combined.

3 Likes

It may be worth contacting the NBN to see if the Telstra/Foxtel HFC cable connection you have will be used by the NBN (no secondary HFC connection. In our area in Brisbane, while the NBN took over come of the existing HFC cable, the existing cable wasn’t used and was replaced by NBN installed HFC cable. I am not sure why but assume that it didn’t meet the NBN requirements or the saturation of the cable was low and was inefficient to expand. This meant that houses with cable HFC had two HFC connections installed on their houses (many found at different locations making internal connections different to that for cable services).

Have you also done a search on the NBN website to see if your property is NBN ready. This can also give an indication of whether the existing cable will be used by the NBN (or your property may have been forgotten of other houses nearby with existing cable services have had an additional NBN cable installed)?

3 Likes