How do you make your instant coffee?

I’m a plunger coffee drinker but if I have to drink instant it’s a rounded teaspoon of Moccona 5 and the water heated till the bubbles just start to hit the surface - black, no sugar.

Ugh. I don’t drink it.

1 Like

2 teaspoons of Nescafe Gold, 1 of sugar and about 1/3 of milk stirred together and then add the water. Adding the milk first makes it taste much better

1 Like

Instant coffee? If that’s all there is, I’ll just have green tea thanks. No green tea? er…weak black tea thanks… as the Americans would say: YMMV.

1 Like

Love this
We have an espresso coffee machine & moka pot and have recently developed a preference for instant coffee.
Mug
2 heaped teaspoons coffee
Cold water - enough to dissolve the coffee
3/4 cup water boiled in microwave (don’t own a kettle)
Pour over coffee and stir
1/2 cup reduced fat milk warmed in microwave
Pour into mug with coffee and stir
Enjoy!

Why not? I find good quality freeze dried ‘instant’ coffee superior to a lot of the swill coming out of coffee making machine pods. Or plunger stuff.
:roll_eyes:

We use UHT for emergencies only, if we can get to supermarket. Usually mixed with the last of the regular milk. Pour the whole litre into a 2 litre carton of milk with up to a litre of milk still in it. You can still taste it but nowhere near as bad.

As for coffee, Moccona, slightly heaped teaspoon, no sugar, maybe about 4 tablespoons or so of milk for me. I like hot coffee. My spouse has much more milk (about 1/3 in whatever cup he’s using (Usually a mug) but hus work means he likes “drinkable” temperature in case he has to rush out in an emergency.

1 Like