Hisense Australia warranty support, completely useless customer service phone staff

My Grandma has had beyond a joke issues with Hisense and Harvey Norman Mandurah customer service and this excuse of a “smart TV”.
Since the day we got it with new glitches to look forward to every day. Having to unplug it from the wall because the sound doesnt work every 30 seconds - an hour of youre lucky, randomly turning off when it gets hot new ones every other day. I recomended if it isnt fixed by the first update since its new, get rid of it or you will be dealing with this glitchy lemon TV for ever after the warrentie runs out. So i filmed some glitches and i was told a service expert or who ever they call them is coming to look. I said sure, but this seems to be a very common and should even have been recalled in many peoples opinion and kind of dont want this brand again especially this model, according to many reviews. The “service expert” never came 2 days later. so we organised it again (x5)
And after months no one came. Even though I told Hisense from the begining my grandmother has to stare at a wall while she waits for her replacement TV.
They didnt send anyone after apparently organising it roughly 5 times in writing(email), the top right of the screen loudly exploded and cut off the power if i remember correctly. They asked for a photo and via “their extensive analysis of looking at a photo of a TV” with no sign exterior blow, They basically called us liers and said “we broke it, no refund or replacment” when this TV was obviously riddled with issues ive been sending videos of since the day she bought it?.

To rub some salt in the wounds:
I threated to involve consumer affairs, they finally sent someone who basically scammed MY GRANDMA ~$200 on top of the ~$1300 for the TV because I happened to not be there at the time as stated above no one was told of this fee, this was never organised let alone by My Grandma the consumer, meantioned or agreed upon by my grandmother the ACTUAL purchacer or even by Me on My email and im assuming she cant be forced to pay a fee (have it refunded) for a service man who was meant to bring a replacemrnt TV months ago!? (i even told Hisense to contect her i just sent you the phots and video of the glitchs for a timeline and proof contact the person who owns it? But they kept dealing with this via my email only anyway?), for looking at a TV that we have made writen complains about to Hisense and Harvey Norman Mandurah since the day she bought it for ~$1300. Delt with its issues for months for the screen to basically blow up some how due to us waiting for their employer never coming (in 2 days… months ago?).
Until we told them the screen is blow up and completely broken.
Without any prior agreement from my grandma and the fact i dont represent her (i was only emailing the as i recorded the glitches as i didnt really get what their plan was if they even did come, watch my TV for 8 hours until it glitches?) and they never meantioned a $200 look at TV and blame My Grandma who knows nothing about tech fee!?;
1)when we told them we watched it happen.
2) on top of that its been glitching and overheating since day 1 and send via emailed amd documented for this reason.
3)Hisense said in writing they were sending some one in roughly 2 days literally 5 times give or take for months until the screen failed.
4) how can I, her grandson organise the $200 scam visit i was talking about above, that also come months after Hisense organised it to begin with. i dont represent her on top of that neither of us would agree to a call out fee after on top of everything.
5)WE THOUGHT A REPLACEMNT OR REFUND WAS ON ITS WAY! WHY WOUProcessing: 20210903_233732.mp4…
LD WE BREAK OUT TV KNOWING IT WOULD VOID THE WARRENTIE? WHEN WE WERE ALREADY EXPECTING ATLEAST A REPLACEMNT.
never ends…

Welcome to the Community @HisenseNonsense

I merged your post into this older one about Hisense, that may in some way be helpful, although it was not about a TV.

Note an mp4 did not upload and Discourse only supports

As for your problem, I recommend you search the Community for all of Australian Consumer Law, ACL, Consumer Rights, and Letter of Complaint, especially when Harvey Norman franchises are also referenced.

The Harvey Norman franchise the TV was purchased from ‘owns’ your problem. If they tell you otherwise you will find links to significant fines HN franchises have received for misleading their customers in that regard.

Anything that transpired by phone or you (grandma) to HN or Hisense is idle chit chat. You will need to write a formal letter of complaint and deliver it to your HN franchise. The details to do that and how it should read are linked/posted many times in the Community so I’ll not replicate them here unless you need further guidance.

A last comment is to keep it dispassionate and avoid being or being seen to be argumentative. If you do not get satisfaction from a Letter of Complaint you can take that and the evidence you included with it to your state fair trading office for assistance, and then if necessary to your WA CAT.

FWIW most electronics ‘warranties’ these days have a caveat that if they send a tech and no fault is found, the customer agrees to pay $XXX and they have a scripted advisory about it for the customer to accept or refuse the tech visit. It should be recorded so you might ask for a copy.

Please let us know if you make any progress resolving your issue.

4 Likes

PhilT is spot on writing that Harvey Norman “owns” the problem.
Last year (in SYD) I needed to buy a washing machine and heard that HN is close to useless when it comes to defective appliances well within the warranty period, so I opted to buy from Bing Lee. I found Bing Lee’s staff, both sales and delivery, to be professional and the HAIER washing machine (7kg and BRILLIANT value) to be slightly cheaper than HN to boot!

I have no idea why HN is lousy with after sales service, but suspect that each store is franchised and they don’t expect a customer to return for a subsequent purchase any time soon.

Of course in my experience David Jones gets the gold star for standing with me against ASEA (regarding a new lemon of a washing machine), when I was given the run around early in the warranty period. David Jones, at my urging, told ASEA to replace the lemon immediately.

As for your unfortunate experience with Hisense, it clearly is a lemon. My 50" Hisense is now nudging 6 years of age and has not once caused me a problem. Your TV like my ASEA washing machine were/are lemons in an otherwise highly regarded product line.
Take Phil’s advice, get pen to paper and send out the complaint letter asap.

4 Likes

The same. Our fridge packed it in the day before Christmas. It is just over a year old. It is supposed to have 3 years warranty. suffice to say all food spoiled. I came out of hospital on Christmas morning. and have since been back to hospital, until this morning. Up till now the company has not repaired this unit. It is now the 17th of January. This company will not deal with my wife of 55 years, because my name is on the account. That she bought the fridge apparently does not matter. We wont talk about Concierge, the company we have an extended warranty with. This is another story all together. Due to their stupid uncaring attitude, there will be no more Hisense product in our extended family!

1 Like

For what it’s worth, Some years ago I looked into extended warranty for white goods and office products and arrived at the same conclusion many friends arrived at: extended warranty isn’t worth it.

As for your situation, call Fair Trading in your state. Tell them your case and the parties involved:

Manufacturer
Retailer
Extended warranty provider.

In NSW you’ll be asked to fill in a form and after enough send it to Fair Trading they will contact one or more of the parties asking how they plan to address your concerns.

There is no fee for this service.

If Fair Trading gets nowhere then you can take the matter further.

3 Likes

Thank you Jon01, I will do this.

2 Likes