Heat pump hot water service - options, what to consider

Depending on which State you live in, you should be able to access a free/heavily subsidised heat pump - because you have an electric HWS: there are rebate schemes to encourage you to use an environmentally friendly option instead.

I used Ecovantage (because of the quality of their heat pumps, in comparison to some other Government registered suppliers/installers). There were two separate properties involved: one only required the basic 155L, the other - a twinned system to cover the greater numbers in the household.

Ecovantage is based in Victoria: the two properties mentioned above, in regional South Australia. It took a few months (early July to 11th November) to get a confirmed installation date (tied up with training & certification of SA installers), but - when the date arrived, it was very efficiently done!

One team arrived with the HWS, closely followed by the electrician: they installed one at a property (on the way), then a twin system - total 310L - in town (mains water), followed by a single one (gravity fed) on a rural property 40kms away. They packed up and were on the road back to Adelaide by 5pm!!

The recipients are very happy with them, especially for the household of 3 adults and five children: they haven’t run out of hot water since… and at a cost of $99 for both of them.

Here are some details of the information they require (c&p from one, of many, emails I received, plus phone calls - great communication).

" Based on the information you have provided us your estimated upgrade cost for a 155L heat pump is: $99.00 (GST inclusive).

As we are looking to begin booking customers in soon for their upgrades we were hoping you could provide us with photos of the following for both properties so we can ensure a smooth and timely upgrade of your hot water system.

** Your current hot water system*
** Your current hot water system’s location*
** Your switchboard with the cover open*
** Where your new heat pump will be located.*

As always if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Tom

Ecovantage
Customer Service and Sales

1300 721 335

I hope this helps you in your decision making!

4 Likes