Health Star Rating (HSR) - Review, Consultations etc

I know your point of view is popular but that is not helping me understand your reasoning. The press is often following the lobbyists who are fond of the argument that oranges are natural, natural is good so OJ must be good. This does not follow.

Yes there are nutrients in OJ but also much sugar. The beneficial nutrients in OJ are nowhere near as much as fresh oranges. And in a world of the obese the extra calories are not welcome. Our distant ancestors would have loved OJ and done well on it but we are not scrambling for enough calories in our diet - quite the reverse.

You don’t say why Diet Coke getting 2 1/2 stars is so bad so I have to guess that

has something to do with it.

In general this is the continuation of the naturalistic fallacy that natural=good and synthetic=bad. In particular the artificial sweetener industry gets a bum rap (especially from the fruit juice lobby).

This was dealt with at some length here: Artificial Sweeteners and I suggest you have a look at that thread before we traverse the same ground.

4 Likes