Ground coffee from supermarket - lack of info on packaging

Hi @mark_m , I am in the process of moving away from non-reusable pods to something more sustainable so I am doing my research and going down a few pathways … I don’t want to spend any more money without more information, and grinders are hundreds of dollars (I read the review :slight_smile: .

I purchased some reusable pods to try out but of course I need coffee to put in them - see Reusable coffee capsules. A poster in that conversations said that he bought a K-Mart grinder, but I have yet to find out what that is.
I bought a percolator but the supermarket ground coffee that I tried gave a bitter cup of coffee. Research says that it meant that the grind was too fine for the method of brewing, hence over-brew, and bitterness. Hence the search for a coarser grind, and the difficulty if finding out what grind was used …
Since covid, I mostly shop online. The specialty coffee sellers online mostly sell beans … but there must be somethign drinkable in the supermarket! Why shouldn’t I be able to have enough information on a product at point of purchase to make an informed choice?

2 Likes