Fridge with NO designated meat compartment - is this a trend?

Knuckles.

I have just bought a brand new Westinghouse , smallish model (WTB3400WG). I am extreemly happy with this Fridge , and have found out NOW , that I was the right move to replace my possibly 1975 old Fridge. But as to where was best , I read up on the advice that Choice had given. BUT i too was only given with these slider temperature adjusters. So I Googled " Digital Thermometers for Fridges or Freezers. I chose one that was small, stuck to the outside of the Fridge by magnets, had a very thin cord so that you could either place it in the Freezer or the Fridge area , and by clicking a button, it would give you either the inside Fridge temp or the room temp. I found a local shop nearest me ( in my case , it was Jaycar ) Its price was $24.95 . It works on batteries , and with daily checks, I’ve been able to use the Sliders to give me a temperature in the area that our Health Standards reccomend. I have also found how quickly you lose temperature , just in keeping open the door to grab the Milk. My old habit was to keep the door open while I put Milk in my cuppa. Now I close the door, use the Milk, THEN open the Fridge door to put the Milk back in. So if you have an old Fridge, that was so old, it couldn’t be re-gassed because it didn’t use the modern gas, then get a new Fridge, and start saving yourself some money. And secondly, buy a digital thermometer that you can magnetically stick on your Fridge door, and you can see the inside temp daily ( or not ).

5 Likes