Fisher and Paykel appliances - the bad and the good

I would not touch a Fisher & Paykel product with a barge pole.

Ditto for Smeg after we just dumped our Smegt dishwasher after it broke down once again.

Now Bosch on the other hand.

3 Likes

Just joined the hit and miss brigade by buying a Fisher and Paykel dishwasher DW60UC6X from a big online firm instead of going to a shop with some measurements first as it has a cutlery tray instead of a basket.
Instead of being the plus we thought it would be it reduces the size of plates that it holds, even though the second shelf is height adjustable in fixed steps unfortunately it will not even take 17cm side plates and most of ours are 19cm if your dinner plates on the bottom shelf are around 265mm.
Another strange feature is the handbook instruction telling you that if you are apparently amongst the few users that uses tablets they have to go in he top cutlery basket where we frequently find partly used ones on reloading. Will seemingly have to change to powder when stock used up.

3 Likes

I have a f/p fridge it runs ok but paint chips very easily and dents. Poor quality paint. I have no idea on warranty had it for a while now. Why not just forget warranty and allow to get it repaired. No manufacturer are like that anymore

1 Like