Fallon Solutions are they over charging?

It’s often useful to look over prior posts in the same or related topics.
The 3 posts by @Andyt relate how Fallon were held to account by one consumer.

I found what may be an answer to my own doubts there as well.
Self evident the Fixed Price per this advice from Fallon Solutions is only provided once they have arrived on site. For the average consumer the suggestion that the business carries the risk of the job taking longer than the “fixed price” does not account for the customer carrying the risk of the job taking less and paying for services not required. IE time not spent on the job. The customer needs to absolutely trust the Fallon job cost is reliable, honestly competitive and not inflated.

Did you pay for more than than the travel fee quoted over the phone, and if so why did Fallon ask for a deposit?

1 Like

Hi Everyone
I have a very similar experience with Fallons
They cam quoted to fit remove and fit a new air conditioner to my mothers unit and the quote was for $6500 she rang me and I said that sounds a bit high.
She then rang another air conditioner company and the price was $2800 for exactly the same work.
When I contacted this company it was nothing but a stuff around my advice avoid them and get more than one quote.
I latter found out she had to pay a $80 dollar fee for the quote as well.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @Bert1.

Agree, obtaining more than one quote is essential.

It’s also important to consider the brand and ensure the replacement model is appropriate/sized correctly. Modern inverter AC’s are more efficient than older non-inverter models. Hence there may be a difference in recommended capacity.

There are also brands that are more often recommended by Choice and those less so.
A good place to start. The buying guides are open access. The product reviews require a Choice membership for full access.

Leaving it to the contractor to supply risks a poor choice. The contractor is likely to quote the RRP plus a mark up to supply. Going direct to a brand outlet or retailer such as the GoodGuys, or even Bunnings for some products I’ve routinely found substantial discounts on the RRP of recommended Choice models.

1 Like

Hi Mark
Thank you for your comments
What my point was that the A/C was exactly the same the supply and install on both quotes the Fallon quote was also with a claimed discount was as follows:
$4084 to supply the A/C and install
$1041 to decommission the old unit
$1432 to patch the wall
Total with discount $6619 without discount $7776
The same A/C at Harvey Norman is $1800 dollars.
The contractor for the second quote was $2,800 for all the works above.
My mother is 80 years old and alone I just feel that it was a quote to take advantage of her being alone and needing the work done.

1 Like

Similar experiences, with other businesses and trades for our older family members. Fallon looking to this site and others has a broad range of customer complaints if one looks to the low star feedback. Does their business model deliver customer value that can be balanced against return on the business investment? There are other businesses offering the same services for less and many happy customers.

Hope it goes well for your mum. Our experiences with Daikin and their agent for our mum, or local contractors to install Fujitsu and MHI have all been very positive.

1 Like

Just reading the name Fallons makes my blood boil! It is years since my incident with them but still makes me cross!