Energy Retailers

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Replacing Gas Hot Water and Heating

Hi I saw a advertisement on TV saying energy Australia is offering carbon neutral at no cost. I haven’t looked into it but I wonder if any other things may effect the offer. I understand carbon neutral means if I’m right that the power is sourced from non coal burning.

Carbon neutral can mean a wide variety of things in the world of sales and marketing.

It usually means if they (example) burn 1 ton of coal to generate power they plant 1,000 (not sure what the number might be) trees to offset it. eg it is as much an accounting process as it is ‘good work’.

An intro into a company that ‘helps’

1 Like

I visited the Vic Govt Compare site and the cheapest deal is from a new company, Energy Locals.
Does anyone know this company, or have had experience of them?
Regards,
David

I have found the Vic government compare site to be fairly accurate and used it to change twice so far, by uploading my actual use for the previous year, as downloaded from Ausnet Services.

As a general comment any company retailing electricity is like any other excepting the smiling faces and costs, and increasingly ‘the game’ such as fixed per monthly membership costs. All problems with the actual supply are by the grid operator serving your location.

The only time ‘customer service’ comes into play is when there is a billing or account error. Some have phone support and some are email only, or both. If they are responsive does it make a difference?

To answer, no and no but if there is no contract period or exit fee, and you believe it will save you money, what is the down side to give them a go? A few years back I went with Tango (aka Pacific Hydro) who I had not heard of and it went well for 2 years until they raised their rates and I moved on.

3 Likes