Energy Retailers

I have my actual electricity and gas use in spreadsheets so can accurately replicate my billing. I do not trust any comparator at face value but use the Victoria government comparison site as a guide. My spreadsheet will always be a few dollars off because of billing cycles being a day short or long from cycle to cycle and I arbitrarily split bills including peak and off-peak months by attributing the bill 50:50 to each.

This year I reconfirmed my electricity plan with Tango is still as good as it gets within $10, within my margin of error and regardless not worth any agro, but I could save a few $100s by switching from Red to Momentum Energy for gas. I’ll note I have a gas fired hydronic heating system, gas storage hot water, and a gas cooktop, so am likely a high use consumer in winter.

I got my first bill from Momentum today. Noting the plan was already 2nd lowest from the comparator, and confirmed by my spreadsheet (AGL was lowest but I WILL NOT do business with them), under the amount due was

Based on your past usage, … may cost you up to $ 334.10 (GST incl) less per year than your current plan

My spreadsheet confirmed a $200+ savings using my 12 months trailing data. I do not remember ever receiving an unsolicited cost saving offer from a previous supplier. To change I just needed to click acceptance on their website myaccount portal. Big tick to Momentum :slight_smile:

4 Likes