Energy Retailers

(rant) Would that more accurately be ‘There are 33+ energy billing companies selling the power generated by very few companies and transmitted by monopolies while adding multiple layers of profit atop each bill.’? Deregulation, what a joy. (/rant)

To answer, I have been a Red Energy electricity and gas customer for a decade with zero worries and they have been up front about their pricing. They have comparatively small discount percents but the final cost is on the lower side for me; they have not played insulting games with huge base prices to tout huge ‘discounts’ yielding comparatively high prices through obfuscation, As with any of them, Red sales has a database of their competition and tries to meet when they can and have been honest how close they could come. The few times I needed anything from Red they have been responsive.

Prior to Red I was with AGL and found them to be untrustworthy. They would not even honour their own written documents that they originated. As a result I would not sign with AGL again under any circumstances even though it has been a decade+.

Choice’s Transformer program is interesting but the disparity between the ‘I can save’ from Choice versus the Vic government comparator and my spreadsheet have not yielded the confidence I need that I can save more than a token amount, and the gas component remains outside Transformer. When that is added I might sign on.

7 Likes