COVID Travel Credit Vouchers Issues - Emirates Airline

Emirates website offers travel vouchers as alternative to cancelling tickets due to Coronavirus. They say to go to their office to arrange this.
The head office in Sydney says no. Read the sign. Mighty unhelpful.
I tried ringing the enquiry number but no cigar.

3 Likes

Welcome the CHOICE community.

That’s super annoying. When are you flying?

4 Likes

Thanks for the Welcome, JB. I have been a subscriber to Choice off and on over the years and really appreciate job you guys do. Your advice on Travel Insurance, for example, is second to none.

We are booked to fly in late May, and like everybody else we don’t expect the CV19 crisis to be over by then.

It’s great that Emirates is offering fee-free changes to bookings in the form of vouchers. I simply wish I could get a message through to their webmasters that their current online advice is sending customers to offices that are effectively closed.

3 Likes

I’ve left some feedback on their alerts page, so we’ll see if they take any notice. Otherwise, I’d suggest holding off until April / May to try and amend your trip. We’re getting feedback that wait times on the phone lines could be 5-6 hours right now.

2 Likes

I have similar feedback from someone who is much closer to the action. The reputable major airlines etc can’t respond to all at once, and they know that. The suggestion was the same, to wait until closer to the travel dates. The airlines need to prioritise sorting out those booked to travel in the coming week.

1 Like

Yes, indeed. Patience is called for. Thanks for the response, Mark.

1 Like

Thank you, JB. It’s understandable. They must be inundated with enquiries.

1 Like