Electric Frying Pan and Alternatives

A good choice, @zackarii,
the Sunbeam Ellise frypan is also the fav in the above review link.
I’m sure they’ll put it to good use.

An easy and tasty dish to cook in the electric frypan is chicken, and I’m posting an easy recipe for them to enjoy.

Ingredients:

4 pieces of chicken thighs and 4 drumsticks.
Those with skin-on and bone-in are juicer.
Rinse well under cold water and dry thoroughly.

2 cups sliced mushrooms.

I small onion cut into rings.

1/2 cup chicken stock.

2-3 Tbsp oil.

Teaspoon of any mixed herbs they prefer.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Method:

Heat the oil in the frying pan turned to Medium setting.
Add chicken and brown on all sides.
Remove from pan and set aside.

Fry onions rings until golden, add sliced mushroom, fry until a little golden,
remove from pan and set aside.

Place chicken pieces back in the pan, add herbs, and seasoning, and stock.
Cover.
On low heat, cook for 15-20 min.
Turn chicken pieces, add herbs and onions and mushrooms, add a little more stock if needed. Cover and cook for another 15-20 min.

Serve with noodles or with rice.

Hope they’ll enjoy it!

4 Likes

Growing up we used an electric frypan for everything from roasts to rissoles and literally never used the oven in our male led, single parent household. I didn’t know how to cook a roast in the oven until I was in my 20’s and a frypan is much easier to clean than an oven!
I used my own frypan most of the time with my own large family as it is great for large quantities and bolognaise sauce, curries etc are easily accommodated. A few years ago as an empty nester, I looked for a smaller electric frypan but non existed. Getting it out to do 2 crispy skinned salmon fillets seems overkill yet I still prefer it to a frying pan on the stove and I always use the lid. It has a high sear setting for stak which works well. I have to say that I much prefer non stick and my current one is quite old, well used but in good condition. No flaking however I do remember replacing my previous one because of that eventually. I think it is a Breville Banquet but not 100% sure.
A couple of years ago I bought a stainless steel frypan for our beach house as I was concerned that others wouldn’t care for it properly and that it would get scratched. Well, I rue the day! Everything sticks and I hate cleaning it and have to resort to gumption and a scourer, no matter what I am cooking! Non stick all the way!

4 Likes

To avoid sticking make sure the oil is well heated in the pan before adding food and also that there’s enough fat for foods to fry in.

An easy way to clean frypans is to sprinkle bi- carb of Soda (Baking Soda, not baking powder) all over the inside of the pan and leave for 20-30 min.
Then get in with a warm cloth and scrub well. Clean off with warm soapy water and rinse well.
If not completely successful,
let the pan boil for a few minutes while sprinkled with a thin layer of bi-carb.
Bi-carb does not damage stainless steel, but just dissolves baked on food stains!

5 Likes

Actually you can buy green electricity from your energy supplier. Try Powershop or check with your supplier for a green option.

1 Like