Electric and Alternative Vehicle Fuels

I guess all our servos are within a couple of minutes of each other - the whole town is only a few minutes across - the missing factor seems to be ‘competition’. I think the mindset is different here - for driving around town we travel such short distances that fuel cost doesn’t seem an issue - for driving ‘somewhere else’ the distance is so big that it seems obvious it is going to cost more - plus its been this way for so long that paying 1.60++ per litre is ‘normal’ - and most people who value their (petrol) engines run premium unleaded, as it is commonly and firmly believed that (our normal LAF) 91 unleaded kills engines. Would be interested to see some real research on that one …

I can’t imagine the ‘waiting’ … a 1500 km drive to the nearest city takes me around 15 hours, factoring in two multi-hour recharges would be a nightmare.

Would be problematic where groundwater TDS is high, which is most of the outback.

It still holds enough water for enough of us to care, and not just in the outback … until the power source of an electric vehicle can be replenished in a comparable time to a conventional combustion engine fuel source, or extended to such a range that replenishment time is not an issue, I believe it will be a hard sell to anyone other than people with dedicated short distance ‘shopping trolleys’.

Worked fine here also.

… or we could just ride them, and when they expire convert them into burgers :wink:

3 Likes