Ebooks

No as outlined above. It is Amazon/Kindle that decided to remove purchases from its Android apps. Google only provides apps on its platform, it doesn’t write the app coding to say how the app functions.

It will be the publisher/seller using Google Play to sell eBooks which has set the price for books sold through Google Play. Google Play is the marketing platform allowing sellers to sell books at prices they set. If you want to have an issue with someone, it will be Scribe Publications who have listed it on Google Play for sale and set the price.

Well I am confused.

I have Kindle for Samsung installed on my Android tablet. The previously mentioned book is available and takes me straight to Amazon Australia for purchase as an ebook. The price is half that compared to the price on Google playstore. But I note that previous books by Chris Hammer are around the same on both sites.

So is Google just applying a much higher price for the latest book by an author compared to Amazon? Which is what you would normally see in bookshops anyway.

However this one isn’t a recent release.

OK. So go to the place where you can buy what you want for a reasonable price.

Amazon is where it all began with books, and later with ebooks, and that is where I go. Bought many a textbook from them.

I would never consider the price of an ebook downloaded from the net to be anywhere near the price of a physical book.

If Playstore is charging stupid prices for ebooks, then don’t use it.