Driver nomination forms - providing false or misleading information

Well I feel some empathy for this. I live in Perth and am receiving infringements for Melbourne. I have received 4 falsely nominated traffic infringements from the same vehicle in every case. After the first fine I had to write a stat dec which was rejected initially so i opted to go to court. On preparation by the police for the court case the stat dec was finally accepted. BUT NOW I have now received 3 further infringements. This started in August last year and I have just received another.
It appears that no action is being taken by “fines Victoria”.
Clearly no action is being taken for the false nominations. I am sick of having to respond to the nominations.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @Brownie

Sounds very much like you are the victim of identity theft/fraud. It seems someone has your details and are using them fraudulently. Contact your WA police using 131444 (make sure to get a reference number) and make a complaint about ID theft. The 131444 number is the Police contact number, every State uses the same number but it will only ring the State’s police from the State you are calling from. There are other recommended steps that can be found at:

Identity fraud | OAIC.

2 Likes

As @grahroll says, make a formal complaint about identity theft, or false use of your details. Get that reference detail.

Then reject the nomination each time a Vicroads infringement using that reference lodged with the police, and post it back. Make sure you fill out every section in the reject option, sign it, and make sure it goes back exactly as required. Public services can be very picky.

Whomever made the false nominations is going to be known to Vicroads, and pursued. One cannot nominate another driver without providing substantial details.

Statutory declarations would carry far less weight than a police report. One can make up any old story in a stat dec, and the list of people authorised to sign one is long.

1 Like