dōTERRA Essential Oils (E/O’s)

Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK ,Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK ,Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK ,Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK ,Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK , Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK , Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK , Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK ,Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK ,Bok, BOK, pok, POK, Doc, Bok, DOC, BOK, pok, pok! POK !

Now I feel better.

3 Likes

I would be content that the required accuracy could be obtained using a measuring pipette or measuring cylinder which can be had for a few dollars. Then you could test every bottle. The pipette is more accurate but only tells you if the volume is on the mark (or above or below) where the cylinder is less accurate but tells you the volume in millilitres. As noted above there would be some losses and you would need to carefully wash and dry it between uses. I am not actually suggesting this as a good idea but one could do it if keen.

This highlights the problem that the typical buyer has no way to know if they are getting good measure for such small quantities. Consider the case of the spice saffron, how do you know that you are getting full measure of McKenzies saffron when you buy 100 mg (at $130,000 per kg)? There is even less chance of accurately measuring such a small weight than the small volume of these oil bottles.

Perhaps the take-away message of this thread is we have little choice but to trust in such situations and some people do not extend that trust and so are uncomfortable.

4 Likes

A consumer can ask that the facility be inspected by NMI Inspectors as well:

" To find out more about trade measurement laws or report a suspected breach contact the trade measurement helpline:

If you click the email link it propagates the generated email with some required detail listings eg name, address, contact details.

4 Likes