COVID-19 Prepaid Airline, Accomodation & Tour Refunds, Rebookings

hi
I booked a trip to China with TripADeal. Reading other comments , resonates strongly with my current situation. I booked in 06/2019and cancelled in 03/2020. Travel insurance is underwritten (with NAB credit card ) by Allianz. My claim has been denied x2. They claim that due to the Govt instituting the travel ban- Allianz will not pay out on this …TripADeal reassured us until March 5 that the trip to China in May was to go ahead. until that last email on March 5, we were ‘reassured’- However, Allianz claims that the travel ban was effective in February . I am out of pocket. No product to show for this. No trip. no money and still paying off the debt. How are we not protected? I have just emailed NAB re : credit card chargeback. For us, the man in the street, we have no voice and feeling bullied , that these companies can just take our money and no one is held accountable. Following the outcome of the next review, I hope to take it to the AFCA. Not sure how Allianz expected me to contravene a Govt order , or get to China , with which particular airline… or iF I would have been covered had I gone there against a govt directive… I do feel its a contradiction of terms here and the truth is twisted to serve their purpose. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t- how is that possible? As life slowly returns to and resembles a different normality, I feel the hype and hysteria and grave concerns of COVID 19, that was so palpable and tangible back in the peak times, has slowly dampened down. Unfortunately. So, now on reflection , we forget that non negotiable life saving commands and measures that were implemented- to protect us.

2 Likes