COVID-19 Poor business behaviour

Small find on social media. Not Australian.

5 Likes

Honestly!

3 Likes

I wonder who the independent laboratory was

2 Likes

I’m not too sure but there are a few local labs that would perform this type of testing.

2 Likes

How in the lord god can companies get away with charging this price it’s crazy over $1,000.00 for 30 masks , highway robbery

7 Likes

An explanation on their website.

https://www.livingstone.com.au/Pages/CSP

5 Likes

I tested that the Theroy re explaination on website and the online shop allowed me to proceed and purchase 20 cartons of course there not going to knock back a 20k sale

2 Likes

Hi @Thomm1983,

More than a rip off. Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing with us all this ridiculous supplier.

You may see this post moved to another topic especially for noting such misbehaviour by suppliers.

@BrendanMays

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @Thomm1983 :+1:

4 Likes

Just got this from Solar Power Nation (I’ve previously requested a quote from them).

Using COVID-19 as a subject line to get people to open their marketing emails.

10 Likes

That’s just bizarre! What a strange marketing tactic.

9 Likes

I would get onto ‘james’ and rip into him regarding the low marketing standards they have adopted. If one cannot trust them to be honourable in the email presentation how could one believe they are a reliable honest solar provider?

$2599 for a 6.6kw system? Must be top quality! Their website has some good gear, but only 3.9/5.0 from 134 reviews including 20 x 1 stars? Last 6 months were even worse at an inauspicious 2.7 from 5 ratings. Seems [all but non-existent] customer service is the main problem. Based on the email standard of baiting to open, might that really be surprising, or might it be company culture?

9 Likes

Wish.com selling toilet paper for $119 !! Disgusting :rage:

5 Likes

I think anything starting with the website ‘wish.com’ isn’t going to be a glowing review :stuck_out_tongue:

Also welcome to the forum

4 Likes

Notice the ‘sold out’ tag on the lower right of the snippet. A strange site that, but google reveals many more reasonably priced offers for that TP, not surprisingly all sold out too.

4 Likes

A claim on Twitter that Priceline are selling hand sanitiser for $25. Anyone come across this?

It looks like click bait…where they had no intention to sell TP but purpose is to get traffic and potential customers for other items to their website.

3 Likes

Another Priceline example via Twitter:

7 Likes

Appalling.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if some of these are appalling or just common sense from a business standpoint. Demand is much higher than their supply so they’ve raised prices to try and be at the point where demand and supply are even.

Doesn’t make it fair or respectful but it’s literally in the corporation act that public company directors must act for the interests of the shareholders. (Priceline is part of a larger company). As long as that is our attitude to corporations, it will keep happening.

I for one think a shareholder first attitude damages society

5 Likes