Cotton and Elastane women’s underpants a health risk?

Hello grahroll,
During my wife’s cancer journey of 11 years, we learnt there is no one thing that causes cancer growth. If we subject the body to several abuses which can overwhelm the immune system allowing deformities like cancer to grow. From the time we wake up with fluoride, sodium lauryl sulfate in your toothpaste, the chemicals in your make-up or sunblock. Chemicals in your clothing, non-natural fabrics, over heating, moisture all causing issues. Food additives, genetically modified, out of season, flavour enhancer, electromagnetic radiation from your microwave, toaster, jug, lights, sunlight. And in your vehicle including benzene, carbon tetrachloride and other chemicals being emitted from plastics inside your vehicle. At work, again your bombarded until you lie down to sleep with your mobile phone emitting blue light and the power cable emitting electromagnetic radiation in the wall behind your head. As human beings we subject ourselves to more abuses than any previous generations and some of us are unable to absorb it all without something going array.

1 Like

Thanks for that, Pete, think I’ll go top myself now to save time!! LOL!

2 Likes

Hello SueW,
Please don’t, people depend on you!
Bye the way, I forgot to mention, alcohol, smoking, drugs, prescription drugs, shampoo, hair conditioner, fabric conditioner, laundry detergents, air fragrances and kitchen detergents. Also metal contaminants like mercury in dental fillings, aluminium in deodorants/perfumes, nickel/chromium/aluminium in cook ware and copper leaching into our drinking water from pipes. Inhalation of air-borne contaminates in our cities and country towns. I didn’t intend to open Pandora’s Box here. I just stated that all sexes have issues with non-natural fabrics which touch some of the most sensitive areas of the skin.
Cheers.

1 Like

Sorry Pete, I was not being serious, I thought you’d get that from the LOL at the end. My apologies.

1 Like

True in some ways. There are contrary situations though, during the industrial revolution many cities had horrid air quality, much worse than today despite the lack of petroleum powered vehicles, due to coal being burned both industrially and domestically. People died in their droves with lung disease and cardio-vascular disease as well as cancers. In the same era working conditions in factories and mines were often completely unacceptable by modern standards for several reasons - pollution being one.

In your haste to avoid pollutants you have lumped together many factors in modern life that worry you. The list looks like a mix of things that are known to cause cancer, some that have been implicated but without conclusive evidence and some that have been studied very thoroughly and no good evidence for the putative problem has been found.

As always there is the problem that while you can show with very high reliability something causes illness you cannot prove that it is safe. You cannot prove a negative, you can say we have only seen white swans and so as far as we know they are white but you cannot say there are only white swans. On the other hand as soon as you see one black swan you have shown that not all swans are white. So if you ask me to prove that all the things you list are safe I cannot - that doesn’t mean they are dangerous.

One reason that cancer is more prevalent today is it is identified more accurately and we live longer. Cancer is statistically a disease of late middle age and the elderly. When life expectancy was 45 rather than 75 more people died of accident, malnutrition, untreated infections and other immediate causes. Today, in richer countries in particular, we have dealt with many of those problems and we live long enough to get cancer.

We do need to do more to reduce pollution as it still causes wide scale illness and death but going back to the good old days (where life wasn’t actually so good at all) is not practical. Nor is removing everything that somebody has declared cancer-causing just in case it might be.

2 Likes

My apologies to you SueW.
I should have acknowledged your LOL.
I hope you are doing well.
Cheers

Hi syncretic,
Thank you for your reply. Yes I agree with you and as I had written previous, I really didn’t want to open Pandora’s Box. This subject is such a huge issue. I’m sorry if I hadn’t explained myself better.
Kind regards.