Choice Site Search Tool and 'Spam Returns'

I can pass on the suggestion and the conversation here to the team within the org who manage this aspect of the website. Generally, we’re always trying to upgrade and improve the site experience, so I’m sure this will be a valuable insight to them.

4 Likes

Another budget idea is to link from the search bar or search results to a short page showing a few basic search strings and the sort of content they are likely to return.

It must be fixed already! I went to the Choice home page (while logged in) and put Loewe in the search box. This gave five results, four of which had the word “Loewe” in the displayed summary. Not even a need to put in quotes. Suits me!
(I often use quotes and the minus sign when searching in Google or ebay).

4 Likes

I have been in and out over the past few weeks and have been logged in all the time (I do have to re-login after a few weeks which must be a cookie setting). I wonder if it is a issue with the browser one uses (the way it manages it cookies), rather than an across the board problem.

1 Like

Just checked and there is no change. Hits are in the Community rather than Choice itself since the Smart TV tests where Loewe is not referenced at all still are shown.

1 Like

It aint rocket science to offer and/or and exact match so the search doesn’t go all “clever” and return multiple suffixes of varying relevance.

Why do you think it is not done?

I’ve been wrong before. Maybe it is rocket science…

No, you were right the first time. It is NOT rocket science.

It is all about how information is stored and retrieved in an efficient manner. If it is done using computers, then it is the domain of Computer Science