Choice high end camera testing

There are a number of “paid for” services that offer market data. Perhaps Choice subscribes or would pay for a basic report that provides data on the volume and value of this market. Enough to know how many Choice readers might find this of interest.

A more general discussion would be how Choice chooses which items or classes of items are chosen for review.

My simple take is that items that are widely adopted products in every day use should always be the priority. The decision to target products that have safety aspects or the value of essential products and services appears to be the current theme.

• High end cameras are interesting, but a diversion.
  • Hidden speed cameras an impact on a select few.
  • Residential drinking water (sterilisation) and waste water treatment (backyard grey water and black water) might be of interest to many more than those who buy high end cameras and much more of a health safety concern.
  • Not all of us own lawn mowers, while many use a mowing service.
  • Green Energy and carbon impacts of interest and concern for all but a small number of consumers.
  • Food, housing, medical, banking, transport and … related topics are essential for all.

Yes, it is a surprise high end cameras get a run when one of my preferred topics, for those of us not on reticulated services, is yet to get a review.

I do support Choice and that 90+% of the time it is hitting the right targets. For the other 10%, hopefully the feedback from the community helps with selection? :+1:

P.S.
Residential water treatment (roof-tank or bore) has many options. The investment excluding tanks or bores is similar to a bottom of the range high end camera kit. There are a number of alternate solutions.

Residential waste water treatment is a much greater investment, however the consequences of a poor decision are also significant,

Get either wrong. The impacts extend beyond household finances. Delivery, installation and maintenance is tied to our wonderful professional plumbing profession. Something those outside the big cities often have little choice in.

2 Likes