Choice Community - for what purpose?

Let me go back to one of the points I made in an earlier post about the use of Hearts in this type of forum. I just read a post by Jonathan, from Cunsumer Action (see Services category) about cooling off period. He closing statement was

This post received four likes but no replies! I’m pretty sure that this was not terribly helpful for Jonathan. Just pointing out the issue. If you could visit Jonathan’s post and give your opinion I’m sure he would appreciate the feedback.

Sorry to make this a gripe session but in the main menu there are 18 topics listed, including the ubiquitous “General”. It’s great if you want to post a comment or query about a specific product but very difficult navigate if you want to review posts that may have a particular interest in. As an example I went to the main menu to locate Jonathan"s post again and couldn’t remember which category it was filed under. In the end I used the search function to find it. An alternative menu would to list the main menu in terms of Choice’s main activities e.g. Choice Campaigns, Choice Action, Reviews, Scams, Ask an Expert & Misleading Advertising (plus others I may have missed). The current main menu categories can the be subset of that menu if they are relevant. For example Choice Campaigns would have no additional sub-categories and jump straight to all current and proposed campaigns. The Reviews catergory would most likely have all the current main menus as a subset & the reader could then select the review item of interest. This won’t affect creating a new topic. The person wishing to write a post would simply need to select the revelvant category and sub catergory. It may be only me, so please share your ideas on site navigation.

1 Like