Cancelling direct debits from credit cards

Great advice, thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you for that advice. I am told the Bank has to give you a list of " recurring chargees" if asked?

3 Likes

Yes, the bank should be able to provide that info :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Since then I again had scams on both cards. PayPal is still waiting for response from my newest ā€˜help yourselferā€™ my bank however took action straight away and deleted it. Coles mastercard ask you to pay the erroneous charge while they get on investigating the matter. On the down side, they continued with a recurring charge from my old card on the new card statement despite my asking them to cancel I advised my direct debit utility chargers of new cards but PayPal is unuseable by myself till the matter is settled.

5 Likes

Absolutely agree. I started using Paypal for Netflix after they screwed my payments in their early days. Now I use Paypal for everything I can, in terms of recurring payments.

2 Likes

An article regarding persons who overlook cancelling recurring payments.

1 Like

Many consumers donā€™t reconcile their bank statements and are trusting that everyone does the right thing. Easy solutionā€¦reconcile your accounts monthly. It takes maybe 5-10 minutes and catches things which are amiss, before they become a major headache.

3 Likes

We look at all of ours daily.

2 Likes

:+1: You should be proud and hope you communicate this to others (family, children and friends). When we do, I am surprised how many donā€™t.

3 Likes