Calling all travellers - have you had a flight disaster?

We need your help to make the skies friendlier for consumers

:airplane:

What are we looking for?

We’re looking for some very specific case studies to help us with our campaign for better rights for Aussie flyers. It would be very helpful if your experience was with one of Australia’s four major carriers: Qantas, Jetstar, Virgin or Tiger.

Have you ever:

• Got stuck somewhere, and the delay or cancellation was the fault of the airline? (e.g. mechanical problem, staffing issue or the vague term “operational reasons” was used)
  • Been on a delayed or cancelled flight (again, within the airline’s control) with travelling companions and you received different treatment to your companion or another passenger on the flight? This could include preferential treatment on which flight you moved to, some passengers receiving vouchers and others not, receiving worse accommodation than another passenger, or another issue I haven’t listed here

What would you have to do?

You will need to have some records of your incident (e.g. itineraries, flight numbers) and in the initial stage be willing to have a chat with me (I’m friendly!) and some others working on this issue.

Great! How can I get involved?

If you think you fit the bill, let me know what your issue was below I’ll be in touch if I’d like to know more. Or, if you know a family member or friend who has had a problem, we can get in touch with them directly if they’d like to chat.

By telling us about your experience you could be part of major changes to how consumers are treated in the airline industry in Australia - exciting stuff!

4 Likes