BudgetAir are a real problem and if anything changes you will have big trouble getting your money back

Still trying to get a refund on canceled flights due to Covid through these scum bags! Finally taking them to VCAT. I obtained a copy of their company certificate through ASIC.

For any one proceeding with legal action this document lists Budgetair Australia/Travix International Pty Ltd as a registered company in Australia with business addresses in both NSW and VIC, you can download the full document from the ASIC website for only $9.00.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Nostromo

It may be useful for others to know ASIC’s company registers can be searched and Company details requested. It’s required to be publicly available. The need for a fee for access to access content that is a simple online access of a government record. Inconsistent with many other more complex searches of government records that have no fee attached.

Others following this discussion may find benefit from an update on progress with VCAT.

3 Likes

Well done. Please spread far and wide. This Company Travix is owned by Trip.com and listed company in USA and Shanghai. If you look at their LinkedIn profiles it is filled with self congratulable meetings, awards, conventions will they continue to rip customers off. Me I lost over $2000

2 Likes

As an ex ASIC staff, the fee for service is part of the self funding model the governments of both sides imposed on ASIC.

And most definitely all searches by government departments are by no means free. I live in Queensland. Not much useful free here.

1 Like

Hi
Any news on taking BudgetAir to VCAT?
Thanks
Ray

Did you get your money back?