Beware of Doors Plus

Note the formality required, as I often write, you have to include everything in a Letter of Complaint, as if you are a silk arguing in front of a magistrate, and the magistrate knows nothing about your case. It can become evidence - include the sales claims, web site claim, what you bought, what was delivered, what your rights are, and what you want by when.

Please update us on events, hopefully positive.

4 Likes

Thank you. I will keep you posted.

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Thank you. I will review them on every site possible -
I know the response they use already from “GUS” - "please contact customer support "
But I have ample time on my hands and a bugbear so 
 :wink:

3 Likes

Sometimes being quieter works best, and sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep posts objective and dispassionate.

3 Likes

I understand where you’re coming from but I called politely numerous times, I emailed, I was ignored. I mean they left me in a house without a locking door
 these are not considerate people.
I have to try another way now and see where it gets me.

3 Likes

What terrible customer service from Doors Plus. The door I had “fitted” (30th December) hangs out at an angle (further out at the top, than at the bottom), chuncks of wood have been ripped out wood they attached to me wall. why the installer thought that it was good enough is beyond me. I noticed that he hurried left before I got a chance to inspect the door. When I called the store they asked me to send photos and explain what was wrong and was advised I would have to speak to the manager. While waiting for the manger to call me back, the installer called and had a go at me for contacting the store about not being happy for the work. I again called the store and was advised by “David” not to worry that they would correct the door and they would deal with the installer, but I would have to wait for the manager to call me back (he was currently with the covid marshals). While I waited for the manager I figure out there was an easy way for the door to be corrected. It would just have to be fitted as the door is in the youtube clip on the doors plus youtube channel (Modern Sliding Barn Door Transformation | Doors Plus - YouTube) . I emailed the fix to the store, and waited agin for the manager to contact me.

After waiting a further five days, I again called the store and was told that I couldn’t speak to the manager as “he was at the bank” . I then called the head office and was told to email customerservice@doorsplus.com.au and they would respond to my email (they still haven’t) . Then I recieved a call from the installer that I couldn’t take and they sent me a text message saying they were coming to my house the next day. Since I had not spoken to the manager nor had there been any discussion about how the door would be fixed, I said they were not to come. I didn’t want anyone in my home until there was an agreed course of action AND I wanted a different installer due to the first’s ones rudeness and substandard workmanship.

While I was waiting I found the contact for the person in the youtube clip and emailed them to ask which store they had dealt with. They didn’t respond to me but forwarded the email to the customer service email and they asked me for details - even though they already had them in another email. I also spoke to another store who seem to be more understanding and committed more to service (and I wish I had gone to that one)

I called the store back and the manager happened to answer the phone, they were completely rude about the situation and after standing my ground they agreed to come inspect the installer at 6.30pm on a friday night. This would not be my preference but was the only option.

I then called the head office and was finally put through to the customer service manager “kylie” who advised they head office only really looks after stores in NSW and a couple in South Australia - so not sure why Victorians are being told to email a service that doesn’t help them.

Kylie seemed like she understood the situtation and I advised after the rudeness of both the manager and the installer I would prefer someone else come to my home. Kylie advised that she would speak to the national sales manager “Jim” and call me back (I’m still waiting for that call back). While I was on the phone with Kylie I reforwarded the previously sent email and she confirmed she got it, I also sent her photos of the poor installation of the door.

I tried to follow up with Kylie today but was told she was away from her desk and I left her a message (she didn’t call back). The store manager did call me back and confirm they would be coming tomorrow. The Store owner was billgerent and rude. When I showed it to the youtube clip to the store owner of the Springvale store he stated "that is just marketing and she is just a model, you can’t rely on that for what you get. " Even though the distance from the wall is clearly visible in the video, the owner kept stating I coudn’t expect to achieve that in my own home. Don’t use Doors Plus if you expect good service

All round this is extremely poor service from the store and from the head office.

No matter if they manage to rectify the problem I will never use Doors Plus again. The head office do not help and don’t care that a Victorian store is damaging the brand

3 Likes

Welcome to the Community @evanc,

I merged your topic and two others about Doors Plus into this single one. If you scan through you will find there seems to be an unfortunate consistency in how they operate.

Considering the history here and their high and low ratings on product review one could reasonably question the data underscoring this on their web site.

22 ratings Verified by LiveChat (??) compared to about 6000 on product review, with roughly 1/6 not flattering. It seems some locations are good and others not so much.

One take-away many realise after their experience - check on companies before contracting with them and consider the veracity of online reviews as well as complaints.

Thanks for adding yours.

4 Likes

Scrolling through a few of the one-star reviews, I see that with Doors Plus if you make a fuss you’ll hear from Gus.

That is all.

3 Likes

Agree - we had an awful experience with the Canberra store 5 years ago - poor job was done, door handles they supplied were all scratched, external door had big gap underneath and internal doors weren’t sealed so expanded and didnt close.worse thing was the sour demeanor of the installer - obviously hated his job - and then the aggressive threatening attitude of the store manager - rang us repeatedly demanding we pay him for the scratched doorhandles because he bought them from bunnings with his own eftpos card and needed the cash! That in itself says eveything about how the company is run. Will Never ever use them again.

5 Likes

I think this will relate to the individual stores. I had dealings with the Dee Why store when I did renovations on my unit. I ordered a bifold door with glass panels for the bathroom. However, when it came time for the installation I was heavily involved in suing my builder through NCAT and the local District Court. As a result I had to defer installation as I was ordered not do any rectifications until the case was concluded. Doors Plus eventually had to store my door for almost 2 years before I could have it installed. The person who did the job was great, even cleaning up after himself. And in a special consideration, he even changed the provided inlay door handles with others that were more in keeping with the decor.

Having said that, there have been many staff changes since that day (almost 10 years ago) and a more recent visit to the same store was abrupt bordering on rude and I was just asking about balcony doors but with specific measurements. I will not be buying from them!

3 Likes