Best BYO Reusable coffee cups

What an excellent point, @phb! I’ll hopefully get around to contacting a recycling plant and confirming once and for all, but in the mean time, it’s better to be safe than sorry and simply recycle them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not only the cup that has environmental impacts:

3 Likes

Have a look at what Starbucks are bringing to re-useable cups soon:

2 Likes

Here’s an interesting solution to the coffee cups problem. Of course, the amount of effort and energy to run the program means that using your own cup is still likely to be the better option.

2 Likes

I have a thermos for cold brew, but as they are encouraging people to stop using paper cups.
At farmers markets everyone is walking around with real mugs/cups from one coffee shop and the other two hand out paper…
Cups are returned after people are done drinking coffee, but loos so much better when they are carrying colorful cups.

I get that the vessel gets very hot but nothing worse then a cold coffee.

2 Likes

We bought Thermos brand drink cups (a burgundy red colour) and are blown away by how good they are at keeping the drinks hot or cold.

We have poured hot drinks into them in morning, and they are still warm (not hot) in the evening. Most impressive.

Oh, and the outside does not feel to change temperature based on what is on the inside.

They are not cheap, but worth the money.

4 Likes

I agree! I have a flask that keeps liquid hot for 18 hours… I thought it was a lie till I tried to take a sip on a cold night when we were out taking photos…

The flask doesn’t get hot, but we were grateful for hot tea… it was no longer scorching hot but still hot.

3 Likes

A reply I posted on 15.01.2019 regarding the stainless steel Corona & Parley water bottles.

"The stainless steel water bottles appeared to have an inner section similar to the old thermos flasks but we were not sure.

My wife filled one up with water from the kitchen tap last night and put in the fridge, and much to her surprise, whilst the outside was chilled, the contents were still at tap water temperature when she tried it this morning.

While there were no instructions included with the bottles, they are obviously of a vacuum design and presumably would be suitable for hot as well as for cold liquids."

My wife only uses her bottle for cold water but I would expect that it would keep hot liquids hot with very little heat loss for many hours.

3 Likes

When are our leaders going to make permanent changes wasteful throw away coffee cups. On the other hand 7 eleven allow you to return to the store for recycling. Same with stupid plastic drink bottles. I hardly ever buy bottles of water where i can avoid it. Even the guy from abc reducing waste cant fully get through to the ones in charge.

2 Likes