Australians have not embraced online grocery shopping... yet

My mother uses on line grocery shopping in desperation when we can’t get her shopping for her. Often the food that is delivered is not exactly what she ordered, or of a poor quality. Also often (standard) items are missing from the order without explanation. Delivery is haphazard.

Perhaps if more care was taken in delivering what was ordered, more people would utilize the services.

Amazon hard goods deliver (if you can get them to deliver to your address) what you ordered reliably. Hopefully the quality of groceries ordered through them will be as good. If they drone goods out, there won’t be the wait for the delivery.

I’m assuming they will tap into existing supply chains, rather than importing everything themselves, particularly for fresh fruit and vegetables.

Amazon will only take over if the Australian online grocery suppliers continue with their head in the archaic sand minimalistic approach to online sales.

(I hark back to my earlier comments about Jerry Harvey bleeting about Australians buying from overseas online stores instead of locally, while Australian stores make it difficult for online buyers by continuing to not make their stock inventory available online.)

3 Likes