August 2022 Food Champions Challenge: I Love Cooking / I Hate Cooking. Which one are you?

In Firefox, right mouse click on word, Add to Dictionary, job done.

Please now return to cooking up a storm. :wink:

2 Likes

I love cooking - wish I had more time to do it and I work on being better at it - I find it rewarding and fun. I really enjoy experimenting which sometimes goes off the rails but we’ve had a few good laughs over it, and recollections of kitchen disasters are a gift that keeps on giving! I do get rather nervous when cooking for others outside immediate family. I worry a little when the timing matters - things as simple as timing the roast and vegies - especially if I have people over, even moreso if they are of a romantic nature :rofl: but any stress usually dissipates when we sit down together over the meal …

5 Likes

I enjoy cooking once I’ve decided what I’m going to make / serve my family!
What I am sick of is deciding ‘what are we having for tea tonight !’ every night.
I try to get two meals from my decisions at least 2 or 3 times a week. For example, if I start with 1kg of chicken thighs for a curry or similar, I make sure I can get a good 8 serves from it (4 in the family) by padding out with veg eg celery, peas, beans or tin of chickpeas or lentils etc. This is a good way to use up what’s in the fridge looking a bit ‘tired’ eg 1/4 of cabbage, capsicum, zucchini etc. I use the rice cooker to cook enough for 2 meals and then reheat all the next night. I sometimes do pasta instead of rice or packet cous cous is great…no cooking just soak in boiling water, fluff up and add a few chopped herbs or tomato etc.
On weekends I may put in some time finding a recipe to do something different from the usual 6 or 7 dishes I rotate through each fortnight. We don’t usually have dessert, maybe a piece of fruit.
Great topic and I agree with some of the previous comments:

annaa63 I clean as I go. Always re use same bowls, knives, spoons… not much cleaning up in the end

zackarii My philosophy is that the effort required should match the outcome.

3 Likes

Thank you @SherylW you’re very kind.
And thank you for sharing your clever strategies for resolving that ‘Great
Question’ of what to cook for tea every night :grin:

2 Likes

I agree with you, a good Dunkel is pure delight!
Which do you favour … Weihenstephaner or Erdinger?

I am off to Uncle Dans tomorrow to try Erdinger. I see it as a necessity to sample other Dunkel beers and I have not tried this one.

Oh I think you will really enjoy it😎