Apple Service & Repair Issues

The saga continued this morning …

Wed 14 March 9:00am: Returned to Myer, fully armed (thank you @PhilT, @meltam & @grahroll ). The Myer floor manager repeated the line used by the sales person yesterday; ie they could not assist me, they were not responsible and that I should take it to Apple. My comments regarding the retailers obligations under ACL, including the Harvey Norman case were not compelling enough for this resilient individual. I took down the managers name, documented my conversation and invoked my back up strategy. ie repair to the Apple Store to see what those Genius’ could do.

Wed 14 March 9:15am: At the Apple Store, the repair centre attendant clarified the appointment/booking situation for me. When the previous attendant mentioned to me yesterday to be there first thing in the morning, that is what they meant ie around 8:59am (and wait in line with all the other poor desperate sods who were told the same thing) … ie they could not guarantee me a meeting this morning, but I was more than welcome to wait. {Boring bits about having to wait at the “Genius Bar” for over half an hour, deleted}

Wed 14 March 9:50am: Cutting to the chase … I was seen by Alex, one of the techies. A quick examination by Alex, produced the following diagnosis … “it looks like a fine hairline crack, with no obvious sign of impact damage, abuse or misuse. Apple will do a “swap repaired” under warranty, with a new like-for-like watch. This should take approx. a week.”

After picking myself off of the floor, I asked Alex to repeat this for me. He was more than helpful and was even able to correctly quote ACL regarding the 2 year period of cover for Apple products purchased in Australia.

Wed 14 March 10:05am: Choice member ChiVe walked out of the Apple Centre pleasantly surprise by the Apple experience, his thoughts of retribution towards the Myer floor manager ameliorated, he had no qualm, no qualms at all. The day was still young, he treated himself to a large flat white and a chocolate brownie.

Once again … thank you @PhilT, @meltam & @grahroll. I will follow this up in a couple of weeks time. All going well, I will not hesitate commending Apple for the service that I received and conversely excoriating Myer for their “anti-service”. Something for a Choice write-up in future potentially?

7 Likes