Anyone using Powershop?

The Powershop app shows you where you stand with power purchased and power used. If you are in deficit the app has a row of options on buying power which include the deal of the moment, the standard price and 100% green power.
Once you complete the purchase the graphic shows you your current and estimated usage at that moment.
Keep an eye on deals as they come on regularly.
All of this is on your phone if you use an iPhone or an android.
The app also allows you to see your usage live adjust your usage if your goal is to save power.
I have been using Powershop in four properties now and soon in a fifth. And have been very happy with them.
I will move to a pv array with battery storage in my next place and use Powershop to top up when required.

1 Like

Have been using Powershop for a couple of years. All good really weekly usage email, updates and comparisons so I always know where we are at. Big difference to Origin’s shonky operation. Buy power ahead of usage using app and save roughly 34 %. No problems.

2 Likes

Considering a switch, but have to say the marketeering getup keep sending me about Powershop isn’t helping. It’s constant references to the “dirty four polluters” is very reminiscent of Trumps every mention of “crooked Hillary” - trying to sway reality by repeating a mantra.

So I’m used to knowing how many kWh I use per period, and hence my costs. Are Powershop easy to understand in terms of your costs by that measure?

3 Likes

Anyone (who uses PowerShop and are still on here)?

2 Likes

Very happy with Powershop for the past couple of years. App is easy to use for purchasing and gives me options over what price I pay for power. I like that it shows daily power consumption.
Monthly account review email has good infographics regarding use, see example below.
I have also just undertaken the Victorian Energy Compare search and Powershop was not the lowest price supplier, but was only around $60 pa more expensive than the cheapest supplier shown, so given my overall satisfaction with them I’m happy with that.
Hope that helps!

4 Likes

I just got done playing with the Vic comparison site and found that its estimates compared to my actual bills with my current supplier were disparate. The reasons are differences between the standard assumptions the comparison software makes versus real world usage, customer by customer.

My current plan is not the cheapest but it is single rate with no games. The cheaper plans were mostly peak-off peak or time-of-day. I found it useful to enter the ‘cheaper hit data sheets’ into my actual usage spreadsheet, and eliminated the plans or suppliers I would not consider for whatever reasons. Bottom line is after that due diligence I am sceptical I could save more than a token amount without violating my preferences, and for a few dollars changes in weather could easily swing it the other way.

Some plans hit us with a high connection fee and cheap kwh prices, others a lower connection fee and higher kwh prices, and some play games with the initial and subsequent steps, or all of the above.

From your data it looks like you are atop it and doing well, but you may have the cheapest plan that suits even if the comparison suggests you are paying $60 ‘extra’.

4 Likes