Another multi-million dollar scam exposed

Is part of the problem how Centrelink make the methodology in the initial assessments and subsequent reviews of entitlements invisible to the outside world?

It would be useful if in doing so, Centrelink provided a detailed worksheet of how they made their calculations, in assessing assets and income for the respective tests. This might provide some form of evidence as to the reliability of the procedure and an opportunity for the victims, oops customers to review the system for errors or mistakes. While many customers may not be able to fully understand the workings, it would provide a useful reference, and opportunity for a third party to check if requested.

What is so secret about the methodology behind the final amount determined for payments, or calculation leading to rejection?

Because my partner has a pension entitlement, while I do not, I still get dragged into the system. Once best endeavours have been made to provide all that is asked, it is a one way street with how that is processed. An answer may or may not be provided in the fullness of time.

1 Like