Amaysim promo

Looking at https://www.amaysim.com.au/terms-policies it would appear that Amaysim updated the T&Cs in December 2020 and the https://www.amaysim.com.au/dms/amaysim/documents/terms-conditions/special-conditions-and-service-description-unlimited-001.pdf dated December 2020 contains this clause:

“3.5.3. amaysim reserves the right to limit the availability of, or withdraw UNLIMITED
Mobile Plans at any time, provided that the limitation or withdrawal (product
completely ceases to exist) will not become effective until the end of any Plan
period (specified in the Critical Information Summary document associated with
your chosen Plan) for which you have already paid, and subject to the Fair Go
Policy clause 6.”

It’s a surprise that the Amaysim website only contains the latest T&Cs and Critical Information Summaries, as legacy versions are of value as they would provide the necessary clarity to consumers. On the other hand, iiNet provides current and legacy CIS documents which is quite surprising and refreshing.

Given that Optus bought out Amaysim then clearly they have no interest in onselling energy to consumers and this may be a driving factor behind the changes too.

2 Likes

Yes, a bit sneaky sneaky not making legacy terms available, a friend of mine suggested in future to ensure I print a version of the terms to avoid this issue. I’m sure the deal re was about boosting customer numbers and sweeten the sale. It came out of nowhere and seemed a bit to good to be true.

1 Like

Thanks all, pretty clear I can’t do much, except find a better deal elsewhere. I Appreciate everyone’s help.

4 Likes

I think this is probably the case. We all know what happened to Virginmobile, and I think we can expect Amaysim to go the same way. Optus has no interest in any deals extraneous to the networks stuff.

2 Likes

Optus has destroyed everything that they have been involved with by one means or another.

OneTel.
Dingo Blue.
Century 21.
Telechoice.
Allphones.
Boost Mobile.
Virgin Mobile.
Dealers & franchisees too numerous to count.

A disgusting bunch of bottom-feeding grubs with a second rate network who get control of resellers, dealers and franchisees customers after destroying the businesses of their former “partners”.

1 Like

I loved Dingoblue, and I had a Virginmobile account for ages until Optus.

1 Like