ALDI receipts don't include amount of change due in cash transactions

Hi i went into another iga this afternoon quite happily provided a receipt. The other store must be different. Anyway i kind of don’t understand unless because they are owned individually might have policies different.

2 Likes

IGA are a group of Independent Grocers, so some stores may be owned by one owner and others by completely different owners (there may be a few stores all owned by one owner eg the Bansol group own about 10 stores). The benefit to them all is their combined buying power to reduce wholesale costs for them all.

3 Likes

Yeah but the prices are not really very low at all i find seem more expensive

1 Like

The markups over cost price by individual stores is their decision as they are independent.

2 Likes

We find the same on average over all products we usually purchase. From time to time their specials are competitive and attractive, but not enough to counteract the additional higher prices. One also needs to factor in travelling some distance to a competitor…as the cost to drive distance may negate any savings for shopping elsewhere.

3 Likes

Our local Supa IGA holds their own against Coles & Woollies and beats them on fresh meat prices and fruit & veg quality.

There is the odd anomoly such as Kirks 10 x 375ml packs of cans which they normally price at $10.45 in stark contrast to Coles & Woollies at $6.20, but then they have them on special at times for $5.80 as do Coles & Woollies.

1 Like

Every store seems to be different. One i called into sold more than one other iuse which cut bqck the size of the store compared to previous. And the shop yesterday they were very helpful indeed the lady helped out. So yes its true i suppose it is the owner. Either way i remember a local iga, closed a, while ago pretty sure previously it was a franklin’s store conversion to iga. I feel the local iga, isnt as helpful as, other stores

1 Like

As I see it, there could be a problem with credit card statements, in that there are no details as to what you actually purchased, in regards to item number, and cost of that item. You could have also purchased other unspecified items in the total billed amount.

2 Likes

It’s enough proof for a transaction date and time plus an amount paid (even if the extra goods are included). The business could trace the transaction quite easily from such documentation. The ACCC supports the use in ACL via also stating that such proof is acceptable proof of purchase. I have used the CC statement including once over a TV return (several items were purchased at the same time including an antenna and some coax cables). I’m very sure others have used similar proof when needed.

2 Likes

That sounds bonkers. As if a cashier would give change from $50 when handed a $5 note. When the tender displayed, they’d know straight away they’d made a mistake, entering 50 instead of 5. I worked as a sales assistant for 16 years in a theme park and never heard of staff making such a ridiculous mistake like that, giving a huge amount of change incorrectly.