PS Importers Pty Ltd - Triumph Speed Triple Motorcyles MY2018-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Triumph Speed Triple Motorcyles MY2018-2020 supplied by PS Importers Pty Ltd as the Quickshifter Assembly, TSA body may come into contact with the gear change Clamp Linkage Assembly, potentially impeding a smooth “assisted” gear change, resulting in a missed gear or false neutral and a loss of acceleration without warning occurs, this may lead to an increased risk of an accident and injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

PS Importers Pty Ltd - Triumph Speed Triple Motorcyles MY2018-2020

PRA No.

2019/17999

Date published

13 Dec 2019

Campaign number

SRAN568

Product description

Triumph Speed Triple S and Speed Triple R - NN5 & NN6 variants

Speed Triple S -NN5 variant - From 867685 up to 957570
Speed Triple RS -NN6 variant - From 867601 up to 971378

161 affected motorcycles

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (12.63 KB)

What are the defects?

The Quickshifter Assembly, TSA body may come into contact with the gear change Clamp Linkage Assembly, potentially impeding a smooth “assisted” gear change, resulting in a missed gear or false neutral.

What are the hazards?

If a loss of acceleration without warning occurs, this may lead to an increased risk of an accident and injury to vehicle occupants and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Triumph Motorcycles Company dealers in Australia will replace the Clamp Linkage Assembly, free of charge (parts and labour) to vehicle owners. The new Clamp Linkage Assembly will provide a wider clearance from the Quickshifter Assembly, TSA.

Owners of affected vehicle will be contacted asking them to arrange recall repair by their authorised Triumph dealer.

For help finding a Triumph Dealer, consumers can go to http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com.au/dealers/find-a-dealer

Supplier

PS Importers Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Australian Triumph dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 4 December 2017 - 12 November 2019

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Cities and Regional Development is the responsible regulator for this recall.

3 Likes