Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd - Yamaha Tenere 700 (XTZ690) Motorcycle MY2020 Recall

A recall notice for Yamaha Tenere 700 (XTZ690) Motorcycle MY2020 supplied by Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd as the Rear Reflector Assay may not comply with the Australian Design Rules (ADR) 47 for reflection luminosity.

Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd - Yamaha Tenere 700 (XTZ690) Motorcycle MY2020

PRA No.

2020/18600

Date published

20 Dec 2020

Campaign number

MC125

Product description

Yamaha Tenere 700 (XTZ690) Motorcycle
Model Year 2020

1102 affected motorcycles

Photograph of Yamaha Tenere 700 XTZ690 Motorcycle

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (22.27 KB)

What are the defects?

The Rear Reflector Assay may not comply with the Australian Design Rules (ADR) 47 for reflection luminosity.

What are the hazards?

If the reflector has insufficient luminosity, affected motorcycles may be less visible to drivers of other vehicles, which could increase the risk of an accident causing injury or death of the rider and/or other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected motorcycles should immediately contact a Yamaha Dealer to arrange an appointment to have the Rear Reflector Assay replaced free of charge.

Consumers can find their nearest authorised Yamaha dealership by visiting https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au

For further information, contact Yamaha by phone on 1300 593 600.

Supplier

Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Yamaha Motorcycle Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 10 December 2019 - 12 October 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.