Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd - Yamaha FJR1300AE/P Motorcycle MY2016-2020 Recall

A recall notice for Yamaha FJR1300AE/P Motorcycle MY2016-2020 supplied by Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd as the second gear may fail due to excessive stress loading during shifting and missed second gear selection, resulting in loss of power.

Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd - Yamaha FJR1300AE/P Motorcycle MY2016-2020

PRA No.

2020/18771

Date published

18 Feb 2021

Campaign number

MB130

Product description

Yamaha FJR1300AE/P Motorcycle
Yamaha Sport Touring Road Bike
Model Years 2016-2020

522 affected vehicles

Photograph of

Identifying features

VIN (Vehicle identification number)

See attached VIN list

VIN list.xlsx (15.93 KB)

What are the defects?

The second gear may fail due to excessive stress loading during shifting and missed second gear selection, resulting in loss of power.

What are the hazards?

If there is a failure to change gears and loss of power while riding, this could increase the risk of an accident and injury or death to rider(s) and other road users.

What should consumers do?

Owners of affected motorcycles should contact a Yamaha Dealer to arrange an appointment to have the main and drive axle assembly replaced, free of charge.

Consumers can find their nearest authorised Yamaha dealership by visiting https://www.yamaha-motor.com.au

For further information, contact Yamaha by phone on 1300 593 600.

Supplier

Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd

Traders who sold this product

Authorised Yamaha Dealers

Where the product was sold

Nationally

Dates available for sale

• 17 March 2016 - 22 December 2020

Responsible regulator

Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications is the responsible regulator for this recall.