Would you like to be able to access a national complaints register?

A national complaints register would seem the best way to go instead of having each State or Territory having to set one up. Incidentally, Australia Post would top my list as well, and the Ombudsman couldn’t help in one case because the staff member concerned denied it all, despite me having the relevant receipts.

2 Likes

Yes that would be so much appreciate it

1 Like

Definately a National complaints register is long overdue.

1 Like

Yes please. I support it.

1 Like

I think this is the best idea invented for all of Australia not just one state

2 Likes

Great idea, would love to see it go national.

1 Like

Victoria needs it. Constant harassment from solar panels telemarketers and down lights.
Unfortunately, CHARITIES on the bandwagon also.

Just had a mischievous thought: could we put politicians on a national complaints register?? :grinning:

6 Likes

I 100% agree - so sick of pollies getting away with blue murder when the likes of you and I would be rotting in jail

3 Likes

Great Idea.
While on Real estate would love to see us implement at least part of the disclosure requirements they have in the US. When selling you are required to list all the detractors to living in your house. Noisy neighbours, on a flight path, cracked foundations—anything. Should you be caught out not disclosing the contract to sell if void.

1 Like

Definitely I would love a national complaints register especially one that listed complaints against medical and legal professionals. Maybe such a list would not only lead to less unecessary hurt to patients and less monetary temptation to rort trust funds etc but would ensure that we made informed choices…
Otherwise - all restaurants should have to display the results of their last hygiene and food safety inspections, all food retailers should have to display required temperature in refrigerated storage and current temperature etc etc. Such regulation would not only employ many people and raise standards but it would be an excellent use of our tax revenues…yes, politicians, please note OUR taxes not your money!

4 Likes

Absolutely, that is a fabulous idea! We need a National Complaints register, so that each state can compare with the others, and the records can be all found in one place…

Yes please…desperately needed as far as Pollies go…

1 Like

Still the need for a national complaints register - that said, the ASX might be the (eventual) canary in the coal mine ?

From the link:

The half-year report comes as the retailer topped NSW Fair Trading’s first complaints register of 2018, with 39 complaints recorded throughout January.

Electrical goods retailers continued to rank high on Fair Trading’s register, with Good Guys, Kogan, Apple and Samsung all ranking in the top six. Ticketing company Viagogo followed Harvey Norman in second place with 35 complaints.

Fair Trading commissioner Rose Web said there were 22 businesses featured in the most recent register, with 431 complaints between them.

“This represents a significant rise in the number of complaints compared to last year’s January register, with 332 complaints for the same number of businesses,” she said.

4 Likes

hear hear this is a very good idea, we need a National Network to advise all consumers of the pitfalls of these difficult companies

3 Likes