Woolworth Supermarkets Yellow Price (Discount)Tags

I accepted that it was my fault, although I thought a little unethical of the shop. It was a display chest freezer filled with Drumstick boxes. There was a Special tag on the freezer and no other price tags. On reading it carefully it referred to one flavour only (I can’t remember … eg Raspberry-Caramel Drumstick, Special $3, RRP$6, Save $3, barcode 999-999 etc) and I grabbed a box of plain Drumstick which scanned as $6.

The next time I went in there and saw Drumstick on special with lots of tags (but not one for Plain) I asked a staff member who assured me they too were on special - indeed they were. But I ran the risk that if I got to the Till and they weren’t, I would have to make a decision to abandon or pay.

The tiny supermarket we use for top-ups has a catalogue but don’t always stock the items and don’t always get the price right either. About 3 staff and some after school casuals, too small for Unit Pricing and normal prices above what the Chain recommends are usual. You can see it in their Half Price sale catalogue - Cadbury Chocolate $2.50 On the shelf it is tagged Half Price $2.50 Save $3.75. As they usually sell it at $6.25. My other beef with them is a lot of fruit & veg not price tagged. I leave them as I know they will prove to be overpriced when I get to the Till.

Our local Woolies (plurals) is terrible at accurately locating prices be they regular or sale. Sometimes there is no price on the shelf, sometimes it is by another product, sometimes it is under a like product not on sale, and sometimes… it seems they throw the price tag into the air and see where it sticks.

It is harder for consumers. It is unpredictable enough so one cannot easily discern what is and is not on sale unless one inspects the tags AND the products near it.

It is not always the customers fault, nor should the customer need to be so careful to account for the stores sloppiness. Yet we must be…

3 Likes

Just went to Woolies the other day and that’s exactly what i found that the product shown had it price tag further along the shelf.
Other times i have seen the discount tag for a product was in the right place but the size (weight) was not for the stated discount tag.
I now make a habit of comparing the tag id with the product id to make sure i know what i am paying for.

3 Likes

It’s actually 3 for $12. Not $9.35

It’s actually 3 for $12 and that tag was actually touching the Gruyere cheese. The $9.35 was a long way away.

I seem to have got more satisfaction from Woolworths than from those commenting here. They gave me the 3 for $12 price. Which to me concedes a higher degree of liability than those taking Woolworths side here.

2 Likes

It was no mistake on my part. The labeling was very misleading.

Something Woolworths themselves seemed to have conceded because they gave me the cheese for 3 for $12.

If they had not done that I would not have bought the product.

2 Likes