Windows 10 and now Windows 11

When I restarted the PC the next morning, both SSD drives would freeze once again.

I removed both of them and swapped them in turn with the SSD drive in our Sony laptop and they both worked fine.and I then put the laptop drive in the PC and it had the same freezing problem, so it definitely is not a drive problem.

I have checked the RAM and swapped the power supply with the spare I have to no avail, and tomorrow i will remove and reinstall the CPU in case there is a bad contact with one of the million pins, after which I will replace the mainboard.

Of course, there are no new mainboards available for an Intel i5-4590 so I can either gamble on buying a used one online or just bite the bullet as usual and shell out for a new mainboard, CPU, and compatable RAM.

One is tempted to blame the mainboard manufacturers for creating this planned obsolence fiasco but it is obviously the CPU and chipset manufacturers who are holding the strings.

The CPU and chipset manufacturers such as Intel and AMD obviously know that their CPU’s are unlikely to fail before mainboards, but when they release new products, they know that the mainboard manufactures will have to update their products, thus leaving consumers in the lurch.

Imagine buying a new vehicle without any spare parts availability in just a few years?