Which is the best washing machines to remove pet fur?

Laundromats don’t let you put animal bedding in their machines. I guess human clothing is ok.

For those of us who don’t have 10 minutes x 2, do they?

Yes. Had a look at web site as well. Reviogood over 2 years. And of course the one review that can be trusted in this thread.

It is not so clear. What some might conclude ‘no’, others might conclude ‘worthwhile’. Skipping ahead works. There is lots of ‘empty’ in both, but especially in the second where each pet scenario gets its own intro.

Yes, they don’t make the machines. Mine is Chinese I think. They get bits and pieces from all over, but I think it all ends up coming from a Chinese factory. I didn’t care. I wanted something light on water, and cheap, and thats what I got.

on the matter of pet fur… I was wrong @tobydn. I found a ton of cat hair stuck to the inside of the door this morning, from the towels. OH well, I must have been dreaming.

Maybe not, see above. I’m otherwise still very happy with the machine.

This is the one I have

3 Likes

My intention was that while very few companies make their own products these days no matter whether the factories are in China or elsewhere, the major brands have engineering departments that design them and send the specs off to wherever - usually China, Thailand, and Turkey these days - when they do not have their own factories.

Third party contract manufacturing is a huge business. Flex is one of the first and largest. ‘Sourcing’ can be interpreted as buying a product with the proper logos and labelling added, or contracting a set of specs with Flex or a similar company that they engineer and manufacture.

Not necessarily bad, but an insight into what Esatto might be since it is a new brand to many of us.

2 Likes

OH! Hopefully on the door doesn’t mean on the next load of clothes!

I’ll let you know. LOL.

1 Like

My friend swears by the Beko front loader she bought last year from Appliances Online. It actually has a ‘Pet hair’ cycle on it but she says she doesn’t need to use it because the regular cycles are so efficient at removing the hair. And she should know - her dog sheds more than I have ever seen! Hope this helps.

4 Likes

I can also vouch for the Beko front loader with “pet hair” cycle (well its actually an additional option you can choose on some cycles). It works great. And even what it doesn’t actually completely remove, falls off when you hang the clothes on the line, so it’s doing a decent job of loosening it all out and removing most.

And just for comparison, I have a short haired black rescue mutt who sheds enough that every time I brush her, the floor is covered and there’s half a 5kg washing powder bucket of hair off the Furminator… every. single. day.
She had a cuddle on the (thankfully vegan leather) couch with my son before school yesterday, and he went to school looking like a dog blanket. Stuck his uniform in the wash last night and it came out clean and hair free :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you. Another one to explore. Glowing review.

1 Like