What should I do if I am a lessee and have problems reporting the property with the property manager?

hello everyone I have a problem with my property manager.
The story goes like this. I moved into this property a month and a half ago.
The first week I received a real estate report with no photos. (It was written only.)
I asked the property manager about the photos, but she said she was busy and would send them later.
So I looked at the original written report, reported the damage, and took pictures in the first week.
And, I sent a damage report and kept the photos on my computer.
However, 3 days ago I received an email from the property manager stating that my damage report could not be accepted. It also said it would only refer to original reports and photos.
So I said I don’t agree with that because I haven’t seen you guys pictures yet. I have sent photos to support my report to the building manager. However, she told me that I may keep my reports and photos for the record, but She will only refer to the original reports and photos. In this case, What can I do ?

If you are hard to read this, I’m really sorry. I know my English isn’t good. I’m not from English countries. but, I don’t know what to do
and, I just want to get some help about this situation.

Please, Anyone can advice to me ?

Welcome to the community @Kumasung.

Regulation and laws for rental properties and strata titles ( appartments, flats, townhouses) vary between state or territory. It will assist others to respond more appropriately if you can advise which state or territory you live in.

Is the damage property report related to the condition of the property you are renting and how it was when you moved in?

1 Like

The property is an apartment. The state is Perth WA.

According to the original report, the properties are like brand new. But in reality it wasn’t.
Too many nicks, dents, scratches and minor damage. All recorded in my damage report.

Tenancy agreements in WA are subject to legislation. A good place to start is with the WA Govt resources and procedures for resolution.

Following procedure is important whether it is the tenant or the landlord/agent. From the WA Govt link.

Please note, there are standard procedures for counting the days for notices and serving notices. Call our Advice Line if you need more information on [1300 304 054](tel:1300 304 054).

Tenant assistance

Tenants can get advice from Circle Green Community Legal (the new home of Tenancy WA) at a cost of $40, which can be waived for people with low income or other hardship. Complete their online legal assistance request form or call [(08) 6148 3636](tel:(08) 6148 3636) or for country callers [1800 621 888](tel:1800 621 888).

2 Likes